Halton County Radial Railway Photo Gallery

2003 CUTA Trans-Expo

TTC Lower Bay Station

The following pictures were made on July 10, 2004.
The following abbreviations are used on this page: DE - double end, DT  - double truck, SE - single end, ST - single truck, St. Louis Car Company - STLC, Canadian Car & Foundry - CC&F.
Streetcars

23 is a 1901 SE/DTcar built by Montreal Island and Park Railway.  It was operated by London Street Railway.

55 is a 1915 DE/ST car built by Preston.  It was operated by Toronto Civic Railways 55 and then as TTC 2210.

The interior of car 55.

The controller of car 55.

327 is a 1934 SE/ST  replica of a 1893 Toronto Railway Company car.  The replica was built by the TTC.

The interior of 327.
The controller of 327. The circuit breaker on 327.
The truck of 327. 416 undergoing restoration.  416 is a 1925 DE/DT car made by the Ottawa Car Company and operated first by Hydro Electric Railways and then by the TTC.
1326 going through the car barn doors to begin the festivities. 1326 is a 1910 SE/DT car made and operated by Toronto Railway Company and later by the TTC.
Another picture of 1326. Interior of 1326.
The controls of 1326. 2424 is a 1921 Large Peter Witt car made by Canadian Car & Foundry and operated by the TTC. 
Another shot of 2424.

2424 painted in 1930s New Jersey colors.  This picture was taken on Queen St at Boulton on August 6, 2004.  

Another shot of the green 2424. The car was being used in the movie "Cinderella Man". 

4000 is a 1938 PCC made by Canadian Car & Foundry and operated by the TTC.
Another shot of 4000. A shot of the 4000 from the rear.
4386 is a 1947 Canadian Car & Foundry PCC that was operated by the TTC. PCCs 4426 (CC&F, 1949) and 4684 (STLC,  1946). Before 4684 came to the TTC  it was Louisville Railway Company 509 and Cleveland Transit System 4259
4600 is a 1950 PCC made by Canadian Car & Foundry and operated by the TTC. Another shot of 4600.
Another shot of 4600. 4611 is a 1950 PCC made by Canadian Car & Foundry and operated by the TTC.
4618 is a 1950 PCC made by Canadian Car & Foundry and operated by the TTC. Another shot of 4618.

Rapid Transit Cars

48 is a 1960 "L" car made by St. Louis Car Copmpany and operated by Chicago Transit Authority.

5098 and 5099 are a married pair of 1954 G1 subway cars made by Gloucester Railway Carriage and Wagon Company of England and operated by TTC.
5300 and 5301 are a married pair of 1962 M1 subway cars made by Montreal Locomotive works and operated by TTC until 1999. A picture of 5301.
Another shot of 5301 with 5300 behind it.

Interurban Cars

8 is a 1915 DE/DT car built by Jewitt Car Manufacturing Company and operated by London & Port Stanley Railway.

107 is a 1912 DE/DT car built by the Ottawa Car Company and operated by Montreal & Southern Counties Railway.

Another shot of 107.

Interior of 107.


Electric Work Equipment
4 is a 1904 SE/DT flat motor car built and operated by Toronto Railway Company and later by the TTC. 45 is a 1925 SE/DT flat line car built by Niagara, St. Catharines & Toronto Railway and operated by Oshawa Railway.
C-1 is a 1911 SE/DT crane car built by Toronto Railway Company and later by the TTC. M-4 is a 1915 DE/ST rail bonder built by Electric Railway Improvement Company for Canadian Pacific Electric Lines.
TTC's RT-28 is a 1988 Ecoclaire double truck subway flat car. TTC's RT-29 is a 1988 Ecoclaire double truck subway flat car.
W-28 was converted from a passenger car into a rail grinder car in 1932 and remained in service until 1976.  This SE/ST car was built by Preston in 1917 for Toronto Civic Railways.  It was TCR 57, then TTC 2214.  The car was stored between 1926 and 1932.
W-30 was converted from a passenger car into a rail grinder car in 1975 and remained in service until 1999. This car is a 1946  Pullman Standard PCC.  It operated as Cleveland Transit System 4206 until 1952 and then as TTC 4631 until 1975.
W-31 was a rail grinder until 1999 just like W-30.  It is a 1946  Pullman-Standard PCC.  It operated as Cleveland Transit System 4243 until 1953 and then as TTC 4668 until 1975.

NON-ELECTRIC MOTORIZED FLANGED WHEEL WORK EQUIPMENT
M-6 is a 1934 Ford Line Car operated by Lake Erie & Northern Railways.

2204-16 is a 1972 Switch Tamper operated by Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo Railway and by CP Rail.
2210-29 is a CP Rail 1972 Nordberg Track Liner that was converted by the museum into a tie changer / hydraulic package for tamping, drilling, sawing. 2211-19 is a 1972 Canron Model BEG 17 Ballast Regulator that was  operated by CP Rail.

Railway Cars

434145 is a 1952 CP Caboose, while 9482 is a 1948 Pullman-Standard Baggage-Dormitory car that was operated by New York Central, CN and Via. CN converted it from 22 roomettes to 14 roomettes and baggage and used it at the "Train Crew" car.


Trolley Buses
732 is a 1951 Canadian Car & Foundry-Brill T48A trolley bus that was operated by Hamilton Street Railways. Another shot of 732.
765 is a 1972 Flyer E700A trolley bus that was operated by Hamilton Street Railways. 7801 is a 1978 Flyer E800 trolley bus that was operated by Hamilton Street Railways.
7802 is a 1978 Flyer E800 trolley bus that was operated by Hamilton Street Railways. Another shot of 7802
9339 is a 1971 Flyer E700A trolley bus that was operated by the TTC. 9348 is a 1971 Flyer E700A trolley bus that was operated by the TTC.

Buses
517 is a 1957 TDH-4512 that was operated as Hamilton Street Railway 517 and then as Brampton Transit 5741. Interior of 517.
Driver controls of 517.