The Russell carhouse is located on the southwest corner of Queen Street East and Connaught Ave. The carhouse operates routes 502, 503, and 510 alone and routes 301, 306, 501, 504, 505 and 506 together with the Roncesvalles carhouse. The carhouse was opened December 13th, 1924. 96 CLRVs, 26 ALRVs and 2 preserved PCCs are currently assigned to Russell.
Here is a plan of the property and a floor plan of the carhouse.
These are two aerial photographs of the Russell Carhouse. The first was taken in 1964 and the second in 1992.
|The repair bays and washing facility.|
|The storage tracks.|
|The preserved PCCs 4500 and 4549 at Russell. 4500 is the first one and 4549 is the one standing inside the bay.|
|The tracks outside of the Connaught Ave. entrance.|